Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Construction


This porch is under construction.

Dad and I have been working away at screening in the deck. The blackflies are horrible, so we can't finish soon enough. A small rain delay has allowed me computer time enough to post a little something.

I'm not the greatest carpenter in the world, but it's fun working away with Dad. We go at our own pace, enjoy the weather, and have no deadlines.

Other than building, life in NB is quite mundane. I spend a lot of time visiting with my family. Emily and Julie stop by often with their kids, and Aaron was over this weekend with his family to help with the construction efforts. It's nice to spend some time with everyone, get my Miramichi accent back.

The writer I sat with on the flight from Calgary wrote a feature on me in the Miramichi newspaper. You can read it online at http://miramichileader.canadaeast.com/article/306173 if you are interested. It's funny who you meet in the oddest of places.

If you are far away, I'd love to hear from you about what goings on are going on. I miss all of you dearly. My plans are still up in the air at the moment, though this much is certain: I am here until the 21st of June, in Europe for July, and back to NB the first of August. Rumor has it that I will be in Ontario in August for visits, weddings, and general Abby monkeyshines. Book your tickets now!

No comments: